If you have been considering replacement windows for your home, consider choosing functional and beautiful sliding windows that are remarkably cost efficient. Sliding windows can provide better energy efficiency by reducing air leaks around your windows. Their simple design fits a wide variety of architectural styles, improving the attractiveness of your home.
Replacement windows are available in many different styles. For your understanding, here is a simple breakdown of replacement windows. This will help you know the different options and determine which type will best suit your needs. The three most popular styles are as follows:
- Double hung windows – On a double hung window, both halves or sashes can move up or down.
- Single hung windows – With single hung windows, only the bottom half slides upward.
- Horizontal sliding windows – Horizontal slider windows are like single hung windows on their sides.
Sliding replacement windows
Horizontal sliding windows are much like a sliding door. Naturally, they are not large enough to walk through. Like most other windows they come in a variety of sizes and can be mounted in the middle of the wall. Sliding windows do not require any moving parts other than the window frame, and it slides to the left or right instead of up or down. Horizontal sliding windows are available as single or double slide. With the single slide, only one sash can slide open. With double hung sliders, both sashes slide to open. Double sliding windows with window screens are a good choice for a room where you want high-quality air circulation.
The double sided design allows you to open both sides to create an entrance and exit point for air to move in or out simultaneously. Because of their capacity for air movement and their ease of operation, sliding windows are commonly used over sinks and counters. They are faster opening than crank powered casement windows. Sliding windows can be opened with one hand; however, the same size single or double hung window typically requires the use of two hands. Here are five advantages that you can expect in sliding windows for your home:
- They feature secure, perpendicular mounted, heavy duty cam type locks.
- Sliding windows provide an expanded and unobstructed view of the outdoors.
- They typically allow more light in the home, creating a brighter and more expansive look.
- They are energy efficient and are Energy Star® rated,
- They are designed with state of the art track and roller systems, for smooth and easy opening.
Sliding Glass windows and installation in Greensboro, NC
Replace your old, drafty, high maintenance windows with premium vinyl sliding glass windows that are strong, beautiful and affordable. Triad Installations has been installing windows for satisfied customers in Greensboro, High Point, and Winston-Salem for over twenty years. They offer the best replacement windows that feature computer fusion-welded joints, which result in a stronger frame and virtually eliminates corner seams. Call their office today for a free estimate for energy efficient sliding windows.